I grew up in Colorado and as far back as I can remember I have spent most of my time riding horses and making art.
I think my desire to paint came from my love of the varied and beautiful western landscapes and animals.
I love to paint from life because it is multi dimensional. there is nothing better to me than setting up an easel in front of a horse ,cow or Bison and seeing what happens. I love to depict relationships between animals and Ultimately I think my work is a reflection of hours spent painting from life and watching behavior, movement and light in the process.
- Colorado state fair -Excellence in oils
- Cheyenne artists guild- first place oils
- Denver County fair - first Place 2015, 2nd Place 2016
- art in the park - Rocky Mountain Horse expo
- Colorado business for the arts - poster
- Cover - Bison World Magazine
- Illustrator - Denver Magazine